Greetings Napster fans! What a year it’s been. Here at Napster, Mike Davis joined as our CEO this past Spring, we became one global brand in July, and we’ve rolled out some pretty cool product features.
But more importantly, it’s been an incredible year for streaming music overall – according to the Recording Industry Association of America, US streaming revenue grew 57% to $1.6 billion in the first half of 2016 and accounted for almost half of industry sales.
And that’s why we’re excited to announce a few new partnerships around the world to help bring more music to even more people.
- Sprint. Napster and Sprint are joining forces to bring more great music to Sprint wireless customers. Sprint prepaid brands Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile have also added Napster to their lineup of data free music streaming providers.
- Lufthansa Systems. German airline technology company Lufthansa Systems and Napster aim to bring music and audiobooks to passengers; Napster content is currently featured on more than 70 Eurowings aircrafts.
- EVEN. Headphone maker EVEN chose Napster to integrate its customized audio experience into the Napster app. Included in an update available soon for iOS users, Napster members listening on any headphones will be able to personalize their audio experience by creating an “EarPrint” which captures how you hear and tunes sound precisely to each ear.
- Aldi. European supermarket retailer Aldi announced a renewed partnership with Napster to continue offering its successful Aldi Life Musik service to shoppers.
- Open Music Initiative. Napster is now an official member of BerkleeICE’s OMI initiative to help advance the future of music consumption. You can read all about OMI here in their press release.
For information on all the news from above you can read the formal press release here.
Last but not least, we want to hear from you! Follow and hit us up at @napster on Twitter to share ideas and feedback, and be sure to follow @napster on Instagram and Like Napster on Facebook for all the latest updates, new album/song releases and contests.