UPDATED: Rhapsody is now Napster. We’re the same great service you love –- all of your playlists, favorites, albums and artists have not changed. Today, the Rhapsody app will become the Napster app automatically via app store automatic updates, so you don’t have to do anything to keep listening to your favorite tunes.
What has changed is that we are one big happy family now, joining 33 other countries where we’ve been operating as Napster. This means that you, and other music lovers just like you, will know us as one brand that brings a consistent best-in-class music experience to our customers and partners worldwide.
In celebration of our name change, we’re bringing you an exclusive new Fifth Harmony song – Voicemail – only on Napster, thanks to our friends at Epic Records as part of New Release Friday.
The Napster name reflects our 15-year mission to deliver the best way to discover, share and listen to the music you love, anytime, anywhere. As one global brand, Napster customers can also tap into the power of our Listener Network, which lets listeners around the world create, find and follow playlists in the same way friends used to swap mixtapes and CDs. So whether you’re backpacking in Patagonia, sunning on the isles of Greece or sipping on cappuccinos in Florence, you can connect with friends and a global community of music fans with one click to find new music you love. In other words, your next favorite playlist could be from someone sitting next to you or a fellow like-minded music fan in Monte Carlo.
So, what’s new?
- As of today, all services and products previously known as Rhapsody are now Napster to form one global brand across all 34 countries, napster.com.
- There are no changes to your playlists, listening history or favorite music.
- The Napster app is updated worldwide on iOS and Android, with personalized improvements such as:
- New home screen provides easier direct access to your favorite content, including recently-played music, personal charts and favorites.
- Global Listener Network allows you to explore other listeners’ playlists and favorites to discover more music.
- Improved Explore experience gives you quick access to your favorite genres, a dashboard view of most played tracks, playlists and artists, as well as a new Search bar to promote browsing from any screen.
The bottom line? With Napster, the music you love is still at your fingertips and ready to go wherever you are, online or off.
To our customers and partners across the globe, THANK YOU for being part of our global community. You power our global Listener Network that makes Napster the world’s best music streaming experience. We’re excited to roll out a new look and feel that celebrates our passion for music itself and the community and emotional connection it cultivates.
Not a current Napster U.S. subscriber? Check us out today by signing up for a free 30-day trial at us.napster.com.
Yes, the cat is back.
— The Napster Team